How about a little taco Tuesday action?
I don’t know about you but I love chicken as the meat in my taco shells. I also love crunchy taco shells. This recipe has both, but using soft tacos if your not a fan of crunchy would be totally appropriate too! Although they are called “spicy” their not knock-you-socks-off spicy, just enough for a little flavor and kick. As for the lime, I thought it would be a great compliment to the combination of spices you’ll be using.
So let’s get into it!
To create our spicy lime chicken you’ll need some ground spices: cumin, chipotle, cayenne, and paprika. You’ll need some lime juice (4 tbsp to be exact) and your favorite taco toppings. I used diced tomatoes with green chiles, shredded lettuce and a little sour cream. Feel free to customize your tacos however you want!
I’m not your typical spicy food lover, but I thought the little extra kick of heat was pretty darn good. The chicken part of the recipe is really easy to make, so you’ll be getting great flavor without a lot of effort.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste (for chicken)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chipotle
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 10 taco shells
- additional taco toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream
- Cut/dice chicken breasts into small cubes. Salt and pepper to taste. Place a large skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. While skillet is heating up, measure and combine ground cumin, chipotle, cayenne, and paprika into a small bowl. If using crunchy taco shells, preheat oven according to the directions on their box.
- Add chicken into the the skillet, as chicken cooks add in lime juice. Once chicken has cooked in lime juice for a few minutes add in spices. Mix chicken around so the spices are evenly distributed. Once chicken is fully cooked turn heat down to low, keeping chicken on the stove top.
- If using crunchy tacos, place them in the oven and cook them according to the directions on the package. Assemble additional taco toppings.
- Remove tacos from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Take chicken off heat. Assemble tacos with the chicken placed in the shell first and then add on any extra toppings you may like. Serve.