Looking for a quick, super easy dinner idea? This Sweet & Spicy Honey Cajun Chicken is just that, and more. Only a handful of ingredients needed and no fancy cooking techniques required. Just you, some chicken thighs, some seasoning and your broiler. Dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes!
I love dishes that have complementary flavors; sweet & spicy, or sweet and tangy. Or desserts with complementary temperatures; a warm brownie topped with cold ice cream, or ice cream topped with hot fudge…
This chicken is the perfect sweet & spicy combo. The tender chicken thighs practically melt in your mouth with a spicy kick and a sweet glaze.
For this particular recipe, I used a broiler to cook the chicken. Grilling is also an option but if your pressed for time, a broiler works fast and gives a great charred crispiness (not burnt) texture. You guys know I’m all about the texture of food, and this chicken is crisp and charred on the outside and tender, juicy on the inside.
Now I’ve seen similar recipes online and a lot of them call for several different spices. I cheated and settled for just regular Cajun spice. I know, I know – foodies are suppose to be original & authentic and make their own spice blends but, I too can be in a pinch for time and decided to go with Cajun seasoning – it tasted great and saved time. Win-win!
As far as the honey glaze is concerned it’s just honey and a little bit of apple cider vinegar. This gets nice and sticky when you pour it over the chicken and blends well with the seasoning.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper (for chicken - to taste)
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat your broiler to the high setting. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Pour Cajun seasoning on a small plate or shallow bowl. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge both sides of chicken thighs in the seasoning and place on the baking sheet.
- Cook chicken thighs for 5 minutes, then flip them over so the other side can cook for another 5 minutes. After both sides have cooked, remove thighs from oven and pour the honey mixture over the thighs. Reserve a little bit of the honey mixture. Return the chicken to the oven for 3-5 more minutes just to crisp up a little more and for the honey to set. Remove chicken from oven and drizzle remaining honey over thighs.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a serving plate, chicken will be very hot at first so allow it to cool down slightly before serving.