The first pumpkin recipe of the season! I’m a little late to the party but better late than never. I found these Pumpkin Scotchies a while ago on Pinterest and just HAD to make them this fall. Thick, chewy and UNBELIEVABLE flavor. Enough pumpkin flavor to make it worthy of a fall recipe without over doing it. I’m actually not a huge pumpkin flavor fan and I loved these cookies. My brother and my fiance, who both love pumpkin, loved these.
These cookies are everything you want in a fall cookie. Thick, chewy in texture & rich in flavor. Between the pumkpin puree, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, you are definitely getting those must have seasonal flavors. And let’s not forget the butterscotch. Butterscotch is a small detail that delivers big on flavor. Can you tell I like butterscotch? 😉
You’ll want to add these to your fall baking list. When making the dough AND baking the cookies, your kitchen will smell amazing. The warm aroma will surely put you in the fall spirit. Like many cookie dough recipes, I found that “chill” time with this recipe is crucial. I chilled my cookie dough over night but 2 hours minimum will suffice. Chilling this particular cookie dough results is a thick, puffy but still soft & chewy cookie. I used a medium sized cookie scoop ( 1 and 1/2 tablespoons in size) for my batch of cookies and ended up with about 3 dozen cookies from this dough which is awesome because you’ll want to share these cookies with everyone!
Thick, chewy pumpkin cookies loaded with plenty of pumpkin flavor, with lots of oats for texture and butterscotch morsels for extra flavor. These will be your go-to fall cookie!
- Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 25 mins
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (softened at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Old fashioned Oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package of Butterscotch Morsels
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Whisk together to combine dry ingredients. In a separate, large bowl cream butter, sugar & brown sugar together until light and fluffy with an electric mixer on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add in eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until mixture is thoroughly combined. Gradually add in flour mixture and beat until cookie dough is thoroughly combined. Fold in oats and butterscotch chips.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scoop cookie dough unto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with cooking spray. Add extra butterscotch chips to the tops of the cookie dough balls if you’d like. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving. Store covered but not in an airtight container because the cookies may become “wet” after a few days due to the moisture from the pumpkin.
- *prep time includes preparing the cookie dough and 2 hours of chill time
- **total time includes prep time, chill time, & baking time.