Happy Friday!!!! I can’t believe we’re already through the first week of December, can time just slow down please. How’s your holiday season going so far? Are you shopping? Baking? Working like crazy? All of the above?! It never stops. Hopefully you’re finding sometime to partake in the holiday festivities. Today’s cookies are absolutely amazing if I may say so myself. I love chocolate and anything with a hint of coffee or mocha flavor and if you do too you’ll love these. It’s a slight twist of classic chocolate crinkle cookies but I think you’ll welcome the change.
A few days ago I posted Red Velvet Crinkles, the sister recipe of today’s featured cookie. Today’s crinkle cookies are chocolate-y, fudgy, with a dose of espresso thrown in. I wanted to add espresso powder to enhance the chocolate and decided why not add some more to increase the flavor??!! They came out tasting auuuhhmmaazziiinnnggg. Definitely a little different than what you’re expecting when you take the first bite.
Just like the red velvet crinkles, you’ve got soft chewy centers, a healthy coating of powdered sugar, and those beautiful crinkles all throughout. The texture of these cookies are literally melt in your mouth they are so soft and decadent. The flavor of the chocolate and espresso powder is the perfect combination.
And don’t forget the trick about “double rolling” your cookies in the powdered sugar before you bake them. It’s crucial to have the powdered sugar stick to the surface instead of absorb into the cookie while it bakes. These are crinkle cookies after all, we want those crinkles to pop!
These cookies were a first for me this year but I’m adding them to my holiday baking list for years to come. I may even make them throughout the year I love them so much. Are you guys trying any new recipes this season? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to try some new recipes!!Print
Chocolate Espresso Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate-y, fudgy melt in your couth crinkle cookies with a delicious twist of espresso mixed in!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Yield: 24
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioner’s sugar for rolling
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder & salt. Give it a quick whisk to mix everything together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and sugar and cream together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing until combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly until cookie dough is combined. Cover bowl in plastic wrap and chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Add confectioner’s sugar to a small plate or shallow bowl. Scoop cookie dough into small balls and roll in powdered sugar until completely covered. The repeat once more, roll the cookie dough balls again in powdered sugar to get a good thick coating of powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 2 or 3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later.