Another day another chocolate chip cookie. I have been eyeing these cookies ever since I saw this recipe online. As you may know I love chocolate chip cookies (who doesn’t?!), and these Double Tree Chocolate Chip Cookies have everything; mini chocolate chips, oats, walnuts…and their massive! If you are a chocolate chip cookie junkie (like me), you gotta make these.
These are the cookies that the Double Tree Hotel chain serve to their guests upon check-in, how hospitable is that?! I think we should get greeted with fresh, warm cookies everywhere on arrival 😆.
Back to the cookies…
Making these particular cookies is pretty easy, you’ve got your typical CC cookie ingredients. If you love chocolate chip cookie dough be careful – this cookie dough is SO good. Once you have the dough ready your going to measure out a 1/4 cup of cookie dough for each cookie. As I rolled each cookie dough ball I rolled one side through mini chocolate chips. this is completely optional as the original recipe doesn’t instruct you to do so but it makes the mini chocolate chips pop once they’re baked and gives a yummy presentation.
Double Tree Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the chocolate chip cookies served at Double Tree (Hilton) Hotels to guest on arrival. Served warm and full of mini chocolate chips, oats, walnuts – they’re an amazing chocolate chip cookie!
- Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 min
- Cook Time: 17 min
- Total Time: 2 hr 30 min
- Yield: 20
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (ground)
- 2 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips (plus extra for rolling *see note*)
- 1 and 1/2 cups walnuts (finely chopped)
- Assemble all your ingredients, melted butter and pulse rolled oats in a food processor until finely ground – about 10 pulses. Combine all your dry ingredients into 1 bowl; oats, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon. Give the dry ingredients a quick stir to combine and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and both sugars and cream together with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 to 3 minutes, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Add in eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined and a sticky dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop dough balls and roll in mini chocolate chips is desired. Place cookie dough balls in a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 2 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough balls on baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 to 7 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.