I’ve got another easy, no bake dessert for you today. Today’s Sweet Peach Milkshake Pie is inspired by this milkshake I posted a few years back and you guys loved it!!! My husband LOVES homemade peach milkshakes…they take him back to family vacations spent in South Carolina when he was a kid. He suggested I make one for the blog and so I did (obviously!) and now I love a good peach milkshake too. While I was thinking of fun recipes to post for summer a few months back that peach milkshake came to mind but I needed another way to serve it, and so the Sweet Peach Milkshake Pie was born.
So let’s talk peach milkshake pie. As with all pies crust is important. I thought a graham cracker crust would be the best but it wanted to make it a little salty. I’ve been obsessed with adding saltiness to desserts lately. It really can give a recipe a little something extra if done right. The crust isn’t super salty but I thought a slightly salty graham cracker crust would compliment the sweet ice cream filling of this pie.
Now for the filling. You’re literally making a peach milkshake in the blender, and then pouring the milkshake on top of the crust for the “pie” filling. That’s it! It truly is a milkshake pie in every sense of the word. I used a springform pan for this recipe instead of a pie dish because 1) I wanted to be able to showcase the actual ice cream filling part (that peach color is so pretty) and 2) the milkshake portion of this recipe is huge, it won’t fit into a tradition 9 inch pie dish. A springform pan is perfect for this recipe.
Sweet Peach Milkshake Pie
A different spin on a classic sweet peach milkshake. Turning this shake into a ice cream pie just means there’s more to go around!
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6:00+
- Total Time: 6:20+
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- 1 and 1/2 sleeves of graham crackers (roughly 14 to 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- (1) 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream (or any vanilla you like)
- 3 cups of sliced peaches (fresh, frozen, or canned all work)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- whipped cream, cherries & sprinkles (optional)
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring form with parchment paper. If Set aside.
- Crush graham crackers either in a food processor or using a plastic bag and a kitchen mallet. Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, add in sugar, salt, melted butter and mix until the crumbs are coated. Pour the crumbs into the spring form pan and use your hands to firmly press the crumbs together to form a crust. Set aside.
- In a blender combine the ice cream, peaches, and milk. Blend on medium to high speed just until smooth. The milkshake consistency should be thick. Pour the milkshake into the pan and cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve remove from the freezer and release the side latch of the spring form pan and carefully lift the ring up from the bottom. If desired top the pie with whipped cream, sprinkles & cherries. Pie may need to thaw for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
cook time indicated is for freezing the pie. Freeze for at least 6 hours or up to overnight
Keywords: desserts, no bake, pie, ice cream, pie, peaches