This hot chocolate recipe can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and is so creamy, so satisfying. Perfect for those cold nights in.
This warm, sweet drink will surely warm your heart and soul 🙂
Hot chocolate, to me, is simply just liquid dessert. And I love liquid desserts. You can’t put a good hot chocolate or milkshake in front of me because I lose all self control. I always have a hard time slowly sipping and savoring the flavors. Once that straw touches my lips, it’s game over.
This recipe for hot chocolate is no exception.
The secret to this hot chocolate is good, simple ingredients. Milk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, a little vanilla extract, and a pinch of nutmeg.
And then there’s the accessories for garnish. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, some cinnamon maybe? Don’t forget the sprinkles, and sometimes if I’m feeling fancy I’ll stick a Pirouette cookie in the cup as well. There’s many ways to dress this drink up to make it special.
Rich, creamy hot chocolate made with only good quality yet simple ingredients. Perfect for topping with marshmallows or whipped cream!
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 2 cups milk (I used 2% milk)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 – 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of ground nutmeg*
- Add milk and heavy cream into a medium sauce pan and bring it to medium heat (do not boil). Add in sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Continuously whisk cocoa powder and milk until all the lumps and powder have dissolved into the milk. As you whisk you’ll start to see the milk turn a light brown hue that resembles hot chocolate. Add in vanilla extract and nutmeg. Whisk a few more times until milk is warm enough to your liking and a darker brown color.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- *Nutmeg is a pretty strong spice so use sparingly. I found that a small pinch or dash of it was just enough to add a subtle flavor. Add a little more if needed.
- Serving Size: 4