It’s Thursday!! So today I thought a throwback recipe would be appropriate. I actually posted these Peanut Butter Blossoms three years ago around Christmas time but felt like they needed to make an appearance this year because they are a classic!!! You can’t bake through the holidays without making a batch of these adorable, delectable cookie blossoms. My husband is a peanut butter monster and he looks forward to these every year. They’re timeless & classic, just like all your favorite holiday traditions.
I love when you pull these out of the oven they look like little puffy peanut butter pillows. Once you add the kiss to the center you’ll see little cracks form around the center….perfection!
These cookies couldn’t be an easier and they go fast. Utterly irresistible, you can’t just have one.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Soft puffy peanut butter cookies topped with milk chocolate kisses. The perfect cookie for peanut butter & chocolate lovers!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 36 1x
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- extra sugar for rolling
- 1 bag of milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine shortening, peanut butter,and all three sugars (regular, light brown and dark brown) and cream together using a hand mixer. Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla and continue mixing until completely combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda and salt into the wet ingredients.
- On a small plate measure out a small amount of regular sugar (about a 1/4 of a cup) to use for rolling the cookie dough balls in. Using a tablespoon, scoop out cookie dough and roll it in between your palms to make a smooth round shape. Roll each cookie dough ball around in the sugar until completely covered.
- Place cookie dough balls onto a light greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Once you pull them out of the oven quickly place a milk chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. The sides with puff up and crack slight. Quickly and gently remove cookies from the baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow 5 minutes for cooling before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.