We’re back to cookies for Day 11, recipe #11 of 24 Days of Holiday Recipes! And today’s cookies are very, VERY important. These are Santa’s Favorite Cookies! I wanted to put this recipe up well in advance to Christmas Eve so you could have the ready for the big guy on the big night. Why does Santa love these so much??!! Because they’re soft, chewy & have his favorite Christmas colored M&Ms. Plus they’re chocolate chip, and everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, even at Christmas time.
These cookies have the softest cookie base and are loaded with semisweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and plenty of festive Christmas colored M&Ms. They’re chocolate chip cookies ready for Christmas!
I think the next batch I make I’ll add sprinkles to the dough too, just for some added festiveness. After all, Christmas only comes once a year!
Santa’s Favorite Cookies
Soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies with festive red & green M&Ms.
- Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature preferred)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red & green M&Ms
- * keep extra chocolate chips & M&Ms aside to put on the tops of cookies
- In a bowl combine all your dry ingredients; flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine butter and all 3 sugars and cream together using an electric mixer on medium speed for a few minutes until light & fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Slowly add in dry ingredients and continue mixing until your cookie dough forms and everything is thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Pour cookie dough onto plastic wrap and wrap thoroughly to freeze for at least 2 to 3 hours. Take cookie dough out of freezer to thaw for about 10 to 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop cookie dough into small balls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. When cookies come out of the oven place a few extra chocolate chips and M&Ms on the surfaces to make them pop.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, store any leftover in an airtight container.