I know I say this all the time but these Salted S’mores Bars are my new favorite. I found this recipe a while ago on one of my favorite blogs: That Cozy Life and I finally got around to making them recently. Two words: Life Changing. I just love it when you try a new recipe that stops you dead in your tracks and you instantly think “I know I’ll be making these again.” These salted s’mores bars will definitely be a dessert staple in our household from now on.
Let’s break down these bars:
- a salty graham cracker bottom (so good!) that legit smells like heaven when you bake it
- a thick chocolate center layer
- lots of charred mini marshmallows on top
- (extra) salty, buttery graham cracker crumbs sprinkled on top that bake with the mini marshmallows
If you love S’mores or anything amazing these are for YOU. These are the real deal.
Once these are done in the broiler (to char the marshmallows) you let them set in the refrigerator for about an hour or so. When your ready to cut and serve you can either serve them immediately OR pop the squares into the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds so the chocolate and marshmallow layers melt slightly. OMG so good! I’m shocked that these even lasted 4 days in our house. These are the perfect Netflix and chill kinda treat.
Salted S’mores Bars
Delicious, addictive Salted S’mores Bars
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 90 mins
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (2 sleeves)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter (melted)
- 20 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Ground graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Place graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter and mix until the crumbs are moist. Reserve 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumb mixture. Pour remaining crumb mixture into the baking pan and press firmly to form a compact layer. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking pour the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 second intervals to melt the chocolate, stirring the chips in between each heating. Repeat 2 or 3 times until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the graham cracker crust and spread out evenly using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Preheat your broiler on high. Sprinkle mini marshmallows over the entire pan and lightly press into the chocolate layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs over the mini marshmallows. Place the baking pan about 6 inches from the top heating element and bake for 1 to 2 minutes. DO NOT overbake, mini marshmallows with char very quickly and you don’t want to burn them. This last step only takes 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to let the bars set for at least an hour before cutting.
- When bars are set cut and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.