So this Chocolate Ganache Pretzel Tart is one of those desserts that looks and tastes super impressive but it actually incredibly easy to make. This tart is insanely rich and has the perfect sweet-salty combination for all my sweet & salty dessert lovers out there. Kyle and I recently had a dessert similar to this at a local restaurant and as soon as I had the first bite I just had to make my own version at home.
This tart is basically 2 layers: pretzel crust & chocolate ganache filling.
Both are super easy to put together.
With the pretzel crust you don’t have to break the pretzels down until they’re completely ground or fine crumbs. If using a food processor I would recommend pulsing (roughly 4 or 5 pulses) until you have a mixture of fine crumbs AND small chunks on pretzels. With this crust you’re looking for a lot of texture with this crust.
As far as the chocolate ganache goes this step is super simple as well. Pour your chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl. In a saucepan over low medium heat you’ll heat your heavy cream, espresso powder & vanilla just until they’re slightly boiling. Make sure to whisk the heavy cream consistently so you don’t burn it. The heavy cream will be ready when it’s frothy, slightly bubbly & warm. Pour the warm heavy cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes stir the mixture until a smooth chocolate forms. You’ll stir this mixture until the chocolate chips are completely melted, smooth and thoroughly combined with the heavy cream. Pour the chocolate ganache over the pretzel crust and that is really all there is to it!!
You’ll place the tart in the refrigerator to set, which will take about an hour. After an hour I took the tart out of the refrigerator and garnished the outer rim with pretzels for a pretty presentation. You can top this tart with pretzel crumbs, whipped cream or even fresh berries, completely your preference.Print
Chocolate Ganache Pretzel Tart
Easy and impressive chocolate ganache pretzel tart, prefect for sweet & salty dessert lovers.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 2 cups pretzels (crushed)
- 1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra pretzels for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a loose bottom tart pan with non stick spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor pulse pretzels 5 or 6 times until small chunks and crumbs form. Pour pretzels and butter into a bowl and mix together until pretzels are moist. Pour pretzel crumb/butter mixture into the tart pan and press down firmly with your hands forming a crust. Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl, set aside. In a sauce pan on low medium heat, combine heavy cream, espresso powder & vanilla extract. Whisk continuously to avoid burning the cream. Heat cream until it comes to a soft boil and is frothy. Pour warm cream over chocolate chips and let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes. After 2 or 3 minutes stir the mixture together until chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth. Pour chocolate ganache over the pretzel crust and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set. Garnish the top of the tart with extra pretzels, whipped cream or fresh berries if desired.
- When ready to serve simply push the bottom of the tart pan upwards to release it from the sides. Cut tart into slices and serve.