Who loves ice cream sandwiches??!! ✋✋✋ How about DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches?! You won’t believe how easy and tasty they are!
These are the best. Yummy, easy and guaranteed to hit the sweet spot during these long summer days. Annnnndd you can enjoy them in their simplest form, just as is, or you can take a page out of my book and adorn them with sprinks, melted chocolate, cookie crumbs, candy etc. Which ever way you choose I promise these are just as easy to make as they our delectable. These DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches were inspired by the frozen key lime pie squares I made a few posts back. Simple, easy ingredients and the freezer does all the work.
These ice cream sandwiches are best when made the night before so they can freeze over night. Once you cut them into sandwiches/squares/bars you can either serve them immediately or save them for later. They hold up really well in the freezer for about a week, just make sure to store them in a freezer safe container.
DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches
Easy Do-It-Yourself ice cream sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 6 hr 10 min
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers
- Line a 9×9 inch square baking dish/pan with plastic wrap. Make sure to leave enough over the sides to make it easier to take the bars out of the pan once they’re frozen.
- Layer the bottom of the baking pan with a single layer of graham crackers. You may have to break a few up into smaller pieces to fit the corners and the sides. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine heavy cream, powdered sugar & vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer beat the ingredients on high speed for a few minutes until stiff speaks form, you’re basically looking for the texture of whipped cream. Pour the mixture over the graham crackers and spread out evenly using a spatula, make sure to cover all the crackers. Lay a single layer of graham crackers over the top of the whipped cream mixture. Just like the bottom layer, you may have to break up a few smaller pieces to fit corners & the sides.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours or up to over night.
- When completely frozen remove from the freezer and life the sandwiches up from the pan using the plastic wrap. Cut into squares. You can either serve them as is or roll them in sprinkles, cookie crumbs, coat them in melted chocolate, whatever you like.