I needed to get another s’mores recipe in before summer ends. Not that you can’t have s’mores anytime of the year, but… there’s just something about s’mores and summer that go hand in hand. So, today we have Salty S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Yes, Salty S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies complete with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips & melted mini marshmallows and a little pinch of coarse sea salt to give them that extra something.
I say this a lot when it comes to writing about cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies, but it’s worth repeating…
The cookie dough for these cookies is insane! If you have a hard time controlling yourself around cookie dough when you bake, considered yourself warned. It’s too freakin good, don’t even try it, because you won’t be able to stop. Something with using salted butter and the graham cracker crumbs takes this dough to whole other level.
Not only does the dough taste amazing but it bakes up beautifully into an amazingly tasty and well textured cookie. The outside is firm and slightly crumbly but the inside is soft, tender and rich. The melted marshmallows really complete the “s’mores” aspect of this cookies. Unbelievable.
Salty S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- sea salt for garnish
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl combine butter, light brown sugar and white sugar and mix together using a hand mixer on medium for about 2-3 minutes until thoroughly mixed together. Scrap down the sides of the bowl and in the eggs and vanilla extract, continue mixing until combine. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, making sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Dough will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a medium sized cookie dough scoop to make cookie dough balls and line them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the cookie dough balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cookie dough balls on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 6 minutes. Have the mini marshmallows handy. After 6 minutes remove the cookies from the oven and place 2 or 3 mini marshmallows on the top on the cookies, slightly pushing into the surface of the cookie so the marshmallow sticks. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for 4 to 5 more minutes but do not over bake. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over each cookie as it cools. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.