Are you a dip person? Or better yet, are you a dessert dip person? I didn’t think I was until I made this insanely easy and addicting Cake Batter Dip. It’s sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth, unbelievably creamy and pairs well with so many snack-able accessories like strawberries, cookies, crackers, pretzels, etc. And who doesn’t like cake batter? As you’ll see from some of the photos, I love it with fresh strawberries!
Once you try this, you’ll want to have it for your Friday nights, parties/gatherings, binge-watching lazy days or just a weeknight dessert.
But precede with caution: because you won’t be able to stop snacking ?
The easiest ingredients & assembly ever:
This cake batter dip is one of the easiest things you’ll ever make. All you need is cream cheese, french vanilla instant pudding mix, some sugar, a little vanilla & almond extract and cool whip. Sprinkles are always optional but you guys know me – they’re always a must, especially with cake batter.
Before you put this cake batter dip together, you’ll want to make sure the cool whip has had time to thaw in the refrigerator, and let the cream cheese sit out on the counter to soften, I usually put the cream cheese out on the counter about 30 minutes before I whip everything together. This just makes the whole process smoother, literally and figuratively speaking.
Another good tip: don’t throw away the cool whip container! Once you have this dessert dip whipped up you can scoop the dip back into the cool whip container, it fits perfectly and makes for the perfect storage container.
You can serve the dip right away, or if you want to chill it and have it thicken up a little bit, keep it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip (thawed)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese (softned to room temperature)
- 1 3.4 oz package french vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- A few hours before you start making the dip, place the cool whip in the refrigerator to thaw, or at least soften up. This will make it easier to mix with the other ingredients. You can also leave the cream cheese out on the counter to softened too.
- When your ready to make the dip, gather the rest of your ingredients; pudding mix, sugar, and both extracts. Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and use a handheld electric mixer on medium speed to whip the cream cheese, just for about 30 seconds to a minute. Add in the package of instant pudding mix and sugar and continue mixing until combined. Ingredients will be dry and crumbly. Add in the vanilla and almond extract and mix to combine, scrap down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Scopp in the cool whip, a little at a time and continue mixing. As you mix in more cool whip, the dip will start to smooth out. Mix everything together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- You can serve the dip at this point, it will be a little on the softer side or what i like to do is scoop it into the cool whip container (makes for great storage) and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours to thicken up a little bit. When ready to garnish the top of the dip with sprinkles and serve with fresh fruit, cookies, crackers, etc.