I’ve been dreaming of these Sprinkled Ice Cream Sandwiches for quite some time. Seeing that you guys love my sprinkled sugar cookies so much, I’ve been thinking of a way to get more out of that recipe, so here they are! These sprinkled ice cream sandwiches will be the prettiest treat you’ll have this summer!
Sprinkled Ice Cream Sandwiches are so easy to make
First off, can you think of anything better than your favorite flavor of ice cream sandwiches between 2 delicious sugar cookies?! I can’t! We all know sprinkles make everything better but here they are just plain showstoppers. Ice cream sandwiches may seem labor intensive but I promise you this recipe is not only approachable, it doesn’t take as much time as you’d think.
Let’s start with the cookies. The cookie dough for this recipe comes together in minutes and there isn’t any chill time required for the dough. The cookies bake in 10 minutes (again, quick!) and they cool quickly too. Once the cookies have cooled completely all you have to do is scoop the ice cream and assemble your ice cream sandwiches.
Make ahead and freeze for later
If you want to make the ahead of time and save them for later you can easily do that too! That’s the beauty of freezer friendly recipes. All you have to do is assemble the ice cream sandwiches like you normally would, wrap them in plastic wrap, and pop them in the freezer. This is a great option if your hosting a pool party or a fun get together this summer and want to have ice cream sandwiches for everyone. All you have to do is take them out of the freezer and hand them out! They start to thaw immediately so you don’t have to worry about them being rock hard.Print
Sprinkled Ice Cream Sandwiches
Sprinkled Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Additional sugar or sprinkles for rolling*
- Ice cream (flavor of your choice)
Make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients together for a few seconds to just mix it together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together using a hand held mixer or stand mixer on medium speed. Mix for 2-3 minutes so butter is light and fluffy. Add in egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Continue mixing until egg and both extracts are combined. Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add in dry ingredients. Continue mixing on low speed until dry ingredients are fully incorporated and cookie dough is formed.
- Pour additional sugar or sprinkles (or both) onto a small plate for rolling. Scoop 1.5 tablespoon sized dough balls and roll each one in between your palms to make a circular shape. Roll individual dough balls in sugar/ sprinkles until completely covered. Place dough balls on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, you may need to make smaller batches at a time. Using the bottom of a small drinking glass, light press on top of each cookie to slightly flatten it. Do not completely flatten, cookies should still be thick. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool completely. Scoop ice cream onto the bottom side of one cookie and then top with another cookie, slightly pressing together to create a sandwich. Ice cream sandwiches can be served immediately or you can wrap each ice cream sandwich individually in plastic wrap and freeze for serve later.