These boozy and delightful chocolate parfaits have a smooth, creamy texture combined with Oreo cookie crumbs that make one heck of a dessert.
Before I immediately jump into the deliciousness that is this recipe I can definitely say it's been a while since I've blogged, months to be exact. But I'm excited to be back. My absence from blogging has gone on far too long and I've been working out the kinks of my life and trying to figure out the struggle that is what we actually call balance. Balance - the number one thing that I think is hardest about "adulting" in today's world.
But my rant is done. Thank you. Now on to all things food, recipes, sprinkles & these incredible parfaits.
I wish I could take complete credit for these parfaits but I can't. This yummy recipe comes from Chrisy over at Homemade Hooplah. Hi Chrisy!!!! I've been reading Chrisy's blog for over a year now and it's been exciting and inspiring to watch her grow her blog into the success that is. When she posted this recipe back in Febraury, I instantly fell in love. I mean, layers on layers of creamy chocolate and Bailey's spiked whipped cream AND crushed Oreo cookies...I was hooked.
These parfaits are easy enough to whip up for a quiet night at home but pretty & fancy enough if you want to impress company. I recommend letting them chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving so the chocolate and whip cream layers have a chance to firm up a little bit.
This is my first dessert recipe on this blog that is alcohol infused. This may not seem like a big deal to some but I was very excited to step outside of my sober chocolate chip & sprinkled covered box and try something new. I'm so glad I did because when I made these, I just had to share them with you. And this recipe that inspired a few of my own boozy creations that are sure to come.
Bailey's Cookies and Cream Parfaits
- 15 Oreos crushed
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- ⅓ cup Bailey's Irish Creme chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor ( or use a zip lock bag & kitchen mallot) and pulse cookies until they resemble crumbs and set aside.
- Roughly chop chocolate and place in a heat safe (glass) bowl. In a separate heat safe bowl heat up milk in the microwave until steaming, about a minute or so. Be careful not to burn the milk. Pour steamed milk over the chocolate and let sit for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the milk and chocolate together until thoroughly combined. Mixture should resemble dark chocolate milk. If chocolate does not melt completely you may want to reheat in the microwave for a few more seconds and stir the mixture until completely melted. Set chocolate/milk mixture to the side.
- Using a stand mixer, beat heavy cream, Bailey's Irish Creme and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form, resembling whipped cream, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the whipped cream in half. Set half of the whipped cream aside in a separate bowl for the parfaits. The other half of the whipped cream will be combined with the chocolate/milk mixture. Slowly add the chocolate mixture over half of the whipped cream. Slowly fold the two together, until thoroughly combined. Be patient and take your time with this, you want the mixture to maintain a fluffy, whipped texture as much as possible.
- Now your ready to assemble the parfaits. I used 3 small 8 ounce drinking glasses for the parfaits. You can either use a pastry bag or just a spoon and layer each glass until full. To get layers like seen in the pictures, I layered the chocolate mixture, then the whipped cream followed by cookie crumbs. Repeat one more time. Garnish the top of the parfaits with any left over cookie crumbs.
- Parfaits are ready to be served immediately if desired or you can let them chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving so the whipped cream layers firm up slightly.