These Cake Batter Blondies may just be the happiest & yummiest treat eveeerrrrrr!!! I discovered these online years ago on one of my favorite blogs and they’ve been a big part of my life since. Gracie from Hungry Blonde is the creator of this fabulous dessert and yes, they are definitely worth the hype! Because cake batter & sprinkles & slightly under-baked centers! Safe to say these blondies are pretty perfect. I recently asked Gracie if I could share these on my blog because I love them so much I just have to have them on here and she was kind enough to oblige.
ingredients needed for cake batter blondies
One of the things I love about this recipe is how simple the ingredients are. You’ll need:
- (1) 15.25 oz. yellow cake mix
- rainbow sprinkles (jimmies work best in this recipe)
- canola or vegetable oil
- (1) egg
- white chocolate chips (which are optional but HIGHLY recommended)
how to make cake batter blondies
Not only are cake batter blondies easy when it comes to ingredients but they’re a one bowl, no special equipment needed kind of recipe. Putting them together is just as easy.
- Get ready to bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan
- Make the blondies: Pour the cake mix and sprinkles into a large mixing bowl and give it a quick stir to mix them together. Add in the oil and 1 large beaten egg and mix everything together. I recommend using a large study spoon (like a wooden spoon) to mix this together instead of a hand mixer because it will be thick. Slowly add in the milk a little at a time and continue to mix the ingredients together. You want the batter to be moist but still super thick, and everything should be fully incorporated, you don’t want a dry, crumbly batter. Now you can fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Bake the blondies: Transfer the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The trick to these blondies and those super soft centers is to not over-bake them. The center will not look set but the edges should be light golden brown. I always take them out of the oven after 25 minutes but they may need a few more minutes as all ovens are different.
- Allow them to set: The hardest thing about the recipe is not cutting into them immediately! Let the blondies cool (about 20 minutes) and give them time to set so they will be perfect when you do cut into them.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- a splash – 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix and sprinkles in a bowl and give it a quick stir. Add in oil and egg and start to mix everything together. Slowly add in milk a little bit at a time, continue to mix the batter adding a little more milk if necessary. Once everything is combined and you have a thick batter fold in the white chocolate chips if you're using them. Spread cake batter into the baking dish and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, edges will be light golden brown and the center will still looked underbaked. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes so they blondies have time to set.
- The original recipe posted above is for 1 batch of cake batter blondies. For my photos on this post I doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9x13 inch rimmed baking sheet, bake time was the same as original recipe.
- Original post & recipe can be found here