I always used to look forward to White Chocolate Covered Oreo’s hitting the shelves around the holiday season. We used to stick them in the fridge to keep them cold and I remember them being one of my favorite Christmas sweets. Sadly, the box only came with 12 or 16 cookies I believe which never felt like enough when you have to share. Now that I’m adult I love to make my own this time of year. These couldn’t be any easier and they come together super quick.
One of the best things about making things yourself is the flexibility and creative aspects of a recipe are completely your own. With all the Oreo flavors available you can chocolate coat any kind of flavor you want and this opens the doors to accessorize them even further. For me, I loved double stuffed dipped in white chocolate and semi sweet chocolate, that’s it for me. Sometimes the simplest form is the way to go. But don’t let me slow you down, you can use different Oreo flavors and different types of chocolate. I bet a double stuffed Oreo dipped in dark chocolate with a sprinkle of sea salt on top would be killer!
Versatility isn’t the only awesome thing about Chocolate Covered Oreo’s but also the how easy they are from start to finish. All you literally need is Oreo’s and chocolate. 2 ingredients!!!! These Oreo’s are completed in a matter of minutes. By the time you melt the chocolate, dip the Oreo’s in the chocolate and let them dry (which they dry quickly) you’ll be ready to snack on them in no time.
Chocolate Covered Oreo's
- Standard package of Double Stuffed Oreo's
- 2 bars semi sweet baker's chocolate
- 2 bars white chocolate
- In two separate bowls (bowl must be microwave safe) break up semi sweet chocolate bars in one bowl and break up white chocolate bars in the other one. Melting one type of chocolate at a time, heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring the chocolate in between each round. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted & smooth. Do the same with white chocolate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for the cookies to dry on.
- Using a fork or a chocolate dipping tool (if your fancy) dip Oreo cookies into the chocolate, completely covering them. Lift cookie out of the chocolate with the fork and allow excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl. Place chocolate covered Oreo's on the baking sheet to "dry". Once all the Oreo's are covered in chocolate stick the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes so the chocolate will set and firm up completely. Store any leftover in an airtight container.