This creamy crunchy toffee dip is great to serve if your having company over. It’s very easy to throw together, you can make it ahead of time and keep it cool in the fridge and it makes a HUGE serving. Kids and grown ups love this stuff. I like to serve it with crisp green apples, pretzels, or vanilla wafer cookies.
If you have a self control problem, I don’t recommend being left alone with this dip, not only is it addicting but you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful. Take my word for it, I was eating it by the spoonful after I got done taking pictures of it!
I recommend making this dip ahead of time so it does have time to set in the fridge and firm up before serving. The longer it sets the richer it tastes, but if you want to make it and serve it immediately that works too. There’s hardly any prep work with this dip, just leave the cream cheese out for 15-20 minutes to soften up a little bit, and you’ll want to chop your chocolate toffee pieces into small chunks. After that, it’s pretty much throw everything into a big bowl, mix with an electric mixer, fold in the toffee pieces and that’s it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
When your ready to serve your toffee dip, you can make it look extra delicious by garnishing the top with a few more chopped toffee pieces. Your friends will go nuts! In case of leftovers this stuff stays fresh for about 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container and kept in your refrigerator, which is awesome because you can enjoy a little bit throughout the week.
There are a couple of substitutions that can be made if your looking for a “skinnier” version. You can use low fat cream cheese and fat free cool whip if you prefer. I have not tried this with fat free cream cheese so I am not sure of those results.
What kind of dips do you guys like to make and eat? I’ve seen so many variations on the internet and although I havn’t tried them all, I know that this one is a crowd pleaser, enjoy!
Creamy Crunchy Toffee Dip
- 25 chocolate toffee candy pieces I used mini heath bars, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces 1 regular tub cool whip
- Leave your cream cheese out on the counter for about 15 to 20 minutes before you make your dip. This helps softened it up and makes it easy to mix with the other ingredients. Chop your toffee pieces into small chunks.
- Once cream cheese is softened, place it in a large bowl and combine with powdered sugar and dark brown sugar. Using an electric mixer mix on medium speed mix until cream cheese and sugar are well combined. Add in pure vanilla extract and continue mixing. Slowly start adding in your cool whip. You want to add this is small batches to avoid it flying everywhere 😉 Once all the cool whip is mixed in and fully combined turn off mixer and fold in chopped toffee pieces until evenly distributed throughout the dip. Toffee dip can be covered and stored in the fridge to chill until ready to serve or can be served immediately. Best served with apple slices, pretzels, or vanilla wafer cookies.
- *low fat cream cheese may be used
- **fat free cool whip may be used
- ***time above does not included softening the cream cheese or letting the dip chill before serving. The 10 minute time given is simple how long it takes to make this dip.