Super quick, super easy and super festive; this Halloween Bark is your answer for a fun, festive, fool proof Halloween treat. All you need is chocolate (lots of it) and your favorite spooky or fun mix in's. That's it!
This year I chose to use white chocolate for my bark base. I used 4 - 4 oz. baker's chocolate white chocolate bars. You don't even have to use a double broiler if you don't want too, just chop the chocolate bars into smaller chunks, put them in a microwave/heat safe bowl and heat it up in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, stir it around, heat it up again and stir until smooth. I usually do 2 rounds of this with the microwave, after the second heating I try to stir the chocolate as much as possible with the residual heat, that usually melts it and smooths everything out.
After your chocolate is melted you just pour it onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the chocolate and now's the fun part - add your mix-ins! For today's batch I chose Halloween Oreos (the ones with orange filling) candy corn, Reese's pieces annddd Halloween themed sprinkles, of course! You can choose whatever mix in's met your fancy. I've seen variations with M&Ms, pretzels, candy eyeballs, sprinkles, no sprinkles, anything you want - you mix in.
Once you've created your Halloween Bark masterpiece, you just chill it in the refrigerator (no need to freeze this) and let it set for 30 minutes. When your ready to serve it you just take it out and cut it up into chunks with a sharp knife. This stuff is fun to make, fun to eat, you can customize it any way you want for any occasion and clean up is easy too. How about that??!!
Q: If you make Halloween Bark this year, what mix-ins do you like to use? Would you use white chocolate or milk chocolate as the base? Tell me your ideas in the comments below ↓ 🙂
- 4 - 4 ounce Baker's chocolate bars melted, I used white chocolate
- 10 Halloween themed Oreo's
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces candy
- ½ cup Candy Corn
- Halloween themed Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Cut baker's chocolate into smaller chunks and place in a microwave/heat safe bowl. Heat chocolate in microwave for 20-30 seconds, removing from the microwave and stir chocolate around the help it melt. Place back in the microwave and heat for another 20-30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir again, the chocolate should be warm enough that if you stir it together on the second round, the residual heat should help melt the chocolate and you should be able to stir it together until smooth. If not, repeat the process one more time.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. Smooth it out with a spatula or the back of a spoon to create a smooth surface. Now add in your mix-ins, in no particular order, just enough to cover the bark and make it look festive.
- When your bark is done, place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up and set. If you want to make this ahead it can be kept in the refrigerator over night as well. When ready to serve just remove the bark from the baking sheet and cut into smaller pieces and serve.