This Lemon Pie is the pie you need to ring in the upcoming spring season. I love this recipe for many reasons; it’s bright, flavorful, easy to make aannnddd it’s a recipe from my girl Joanna Gaines. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love adore Joanna. I love the show Fixer Upper and pretty much freaked out when Target announced they were going to be carrying her home decor line. A perfect day off for me includes having nothing to do all day so I can watch re-runs of Fixer Upper while eating this pie.
magnolia table cookbook
This recipe comes from Joanna Gaines’ first cookbook: Magnolia Table. There is so much to love about this book; gorgeous photography complete with delicious recipes accompanied by her signature charming and rustic style. Of course her recipe for Lemon Pie quickly caught my attention I also look forward to making Brownie Pie, Bevie’s Chocolate Roll, her recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cinnamon Squares and Orange Scones.
- 1 and 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- Dash of Salt
- Whipped Cream and lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Use a food processor or a zip lock bag and kitchen mallet, crushed graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar into a bowl. Add in melted butter and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom on the pie dish until a crust form, bake for 8 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Beat on medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust and bake for 10 minutes. Allow the pie to cool for about 30 minutes on the counter before transferring to the refrigerator to chill. Pie require at least 1 hour to chill or up to overnight.
- Garnish the pie with whipped cream and lemon zest.