The ultimate in ooey gooey, fudgy, indulgent, “oh-my-gosh this is amazing” type of brownie. These Marshmallow Swirled Oreo Brownies are just too good for words. A fudgy, melt in your mouth brownie loaded with Oreo cookies and swirls of marshmallow topping. Easily one of the most sinful and amazing things I’ve come up with, put these brownies on the top of your dessert bucket list.
These brownies have a lot going on, but at the same time are very simple. These brownies are the hybrid of three other brownie recipes I have on this blog. Meaning I have taken different parts from each recipe to create this masterpiece of a dessert.
Let’s start with the brownie itself. A rich, fudgy, so moist that it melts in your mouth kinda brownie. No crazy mix-ins; just pure, unadulterated fudge brownie. To make such a brownie I stuck to my basic fudge brownie recipe. I did omit the chocolate syrup to avoid it being to over the top sweet with the Oreo cookies and marshmallow swirl. If your just making regular fudge brownies, follow the recipe as is. But for today’s brownies I was making room for all the flavors.
So we take our ultimate fudge brownies and we add Oreo cookies to the center. Kinda like what we did with these brownies. Have you ever had an Oreo cookie that’s been baked in something? It’s incredible. There’s something totally awesome about an Oreo cookie that’s been baked, something with the warmness and how soft the texture gets. I can’t really describe it but if you’ve had a baked/fried Oreo I know you know what I’m talking about. With that being said, I didn’t just want Oreos in the center, I wanted them on top of the brownies too. So I did just that. Smart move, indeed.
Now on to the marshmallow swirl. I ♥ marshmallow ice cream topping. We use to swirl it into our brownie batter all the time when we were kids and the combination was awesome. Once I figured out how to make brownies from scratch the first thing I wanted to do was swirl marshmallow topping in them, and so these were born! So that is where the idea of swirling marshmallow topping into brownies came about it.
So, let’s review. We’ve taken a basic fudge brownie base, added the Oreo cookies from our slutty brownies and swirled marshmallow all over the place just like we did in our favorite marshmallow swirled brownies.
Fudge brownie + Oreo Cookies + Marshmallow topping = Marshmallow Swirled Oreo Brownies a.k.a pure gluttony.
Marshmallow Swirl Oreo brownies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 8 ounces Semi Sweet Baker's Chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder sifted/whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 20 to 25 Oreo Cookies
- 1 ) 12 ounce jar Marshmallow Topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving about a 1 to 2 inch over hang to make for easy transfer. Set baking dish aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Sift dry ingredients together or use a whisk to mix and break up any clumps in the flour and cocoa powder. Dry ingredients should be thoroughly mixed together and free of clumps.
- In a large, heat safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter together by a double broiler or heating in the microwave, stirring in between each heat session. Chocolate and butter should be completely melted and smooth.
- Add in sugar and mix thoroughly. Batter will be slightly gritty. Add in eggs, one at a time thoroughly mixing before adding in the next one. Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients, folding them into the batter. You don't want to mix vigorously because this may cause your brownies to be tough when they bake, just fold the batter until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Brownie batter will be thick.
- Pour about half the brownie batter into the bottom of your baking dish. Evenly smooth it out so it cover the bottom of the dish and creates a thin layer. Next, place oreo cookies over the brownie batter, placing them side by side to cover the brownie layer. You can also break the cookies in half to fill in gaps or spaces. Spoon some marshmallow topping over the cracks/gaps between the oreos and the batter. Drizzle topping over the oreos as well. Reserve some topping for the top layer.
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the Oreo cookie and marshmallow layer. It may seem like there's not enough batter to cover it but just smooth it out until it covers everything. Some oreos or marshmallow topping may peek through, this is fine. Spoon marshmallow topping in thick vertical or horiztonal lines over the brownie batter. Using a butter knife or toothpick, swirl the marshmallow around in different directions to create a marbled look. Add a few more oreos to the top layer, some whole, some broken.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Brownies are down when a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Since there are cookies in the center of these brownies you may have some cookie on your tester.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before serving, about 30 minutes or so. When ready to serve lift up sides of the parchment paper and lay brownies on a clean, flat surface. Using a sharp kitchen knife cut brownies into squares and serve. Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.