Cookies are my go to. While I love brownies, cakes, pies, bars…anything sweet, cookies are hands down my favorite thing to make . And these monster cookies have all the good stuff in them! Peanut butter, chocolate chips, oats, M&M candies, a little hint of cinnamon…these babies got something for everyone.
monster cookies are huge in size
While they have their ginormous size going for them, they also yield the yummiest texture. Soft, slightly chewy and substantial. Cookies in general are pretty awesome but cookies the size of your hand and loaded with goodies are that much better.
Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the dough and give at least 2 to 3 inches of space on the baking sheet between each cookie. I suggest baking these in batches of 4 or 6 at a time so you have plenty of room for them to bake up beautifully. As always, as soon as you pull them out of the oven, carefully place a few extra chocolate chips & candies so they pop!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine and cream together (using a mixer) the butter, brown sugar & peanut butter together for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing for about another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder & salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low speed for about 2 minutes of so until the cookie dough forms. Pour in the oats, chocolate chips & M&Ms and mix those into the dough by hand.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out balls of cookie dough and place them on the bakign sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. I baked these in several small batch of 6 cookies each to give them enough room on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 11 to 12 minutes. *optional* Once cookies come out of the oven place a few extra chocolate chips and M&M candies on the surface of the cookies so they pop. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 7 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.