Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
It's only natural to combine the two and make one of the most amazing treats you've ever had...
I give you: Oreo Stuffed Cookie Bars!
Just look at the oreo's peeking through! It's no surprise that Oreo's are one of the best things ever created. They're great on their own, even perfect with a glass of milk but have you ever had them baked in something?!!! I'm sure you have but just in case you haven't, you are missing out in one of life's simplest pleasures.
This recipe is great because it's basically a standard chocolate chip cookie bar recipe (obviously, i know!) but with adding the oreo's it makes all the difference. This is ones of those sweets you want to make for your friends, bring to gatherings, or make on a Friday night to get you through the weekend. Who doesn't love a good cookie bar?
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or whatever type of chocolate you prefer
- 1 standard package Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and generously spray with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter and both sugars and mix for 2 to 3 minutes on medium speed using an electric mixer. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, continue mixing until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Slowly add in the flour, salt & baking soda. Mix on low speed until cookie dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips. Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking pan. Lay Oreo cookies in a single layer over the chocolate chip cookie dough. You may have to break some cookies in half to fit in the corners of the pan. Spoon the remaining cookie dough over the top of the oreos, spreading it out as much as you can. If the cookie dough doesn't completely cover the Oreo's that's okay, it'll spread as it bakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, just until the center is set. Bars may seem underbaked but they will set and firm up slightly as they cool. Allow cookie bars to cool for about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.