This Quick & Easy Salted Caramel is one of the best things ever! Yes, ever. Easy ingredients, not to much time, no crazy techniques… just amazing, drool worthy, possibly toe curling euphoria when you taste how delicious and sinful this stuff is. Too much hype? Make it for yourself and see what I’m talking about!
Are you a caramel or a hot fudge person? I’m both. To me, making that decision is like asking me to choose between chocolate & peanut butter, regular Oreos or Golden Oreos, chocolate cake batter or vanilla cake batter… you see the struggle. Well if you’re a caramel person, this is for you. Once you see how easy it is to make, with how amazing the flavor is, you’ll never settle for store bought again. This stuff is just too good.
This is the type of recipe where you put everything into one pot, let it do its thing and done! With this salted caramel sauce, we’re not worrying about temperatures, candy thermometers or any other fancy schmancy stuff. You put all the ingredients together in a saucepan and let it heat up over medium high heat, stir it around to avoid it burning, let it come to a boil for a minute than simmer for about 5 more minutes and that’s it. Easiest. Thing. Ever.
If you’ve ever researched salted caramel before, you’ll find that a lot of recipes call for just regular white sugar. Well if you know me or have seen a couple recipes of mine you know how much I LOVE brown sugar in recipes. I love it so much that I usually use my signature half light brown sugar half dark brown sugar combination. This recipe was no different. Instead of regular, granulated sugar I opted for brown sugar. I didn’t use a perfect 50/50 combo, I used a 1/2 cup of light brown sugar and 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
After you take this off the heat pour it into a heat safe bowl or container and let it cool for about 5 minutes. You can use it right away or cover it and store it in your refrigerator. If it’s kept in the fridge it’ll firm up and you can literally scoop it with a spoon. It’ll have that perfectly smooth & soft texture that will melt in your mouth – pure salted caramel heaven.
Now that I know how easy this is to make, I’m on salted caramel recipe brainstorm overload because this caramel needs to make a regular appearance on this blog, and in your life!
Q: What do you guys like to drizzle salted caramel over? Ice Cream? Brownies? Pie? Let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
Quick & Easy Salted Caramel
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sauce pan combine butter, light brown & dark brown sugar and heavy cream over medium-high heat. Stir ingredients together until butter is completely melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add in vanilla extract and salt and stir. Continue to stir until the sauce comes to a boil, allow to boil for about a minute or so and then turn down the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour into a heat safe bowl or container. Allow sauce to cool for 5 minutes before using. Store in heat safe, air tight container and keep refrigerated.
- This recipes makes about 1 and 1/2 cups of caramel sauce.