We all know who Tiffani Thiessen is right? She’s a beautiful brunette known for her role as Kelly Kapowski on Saved By the Bell. She’s also got an awesome blog and she’s fun to follow on instagram too. And most recently, she came out with a cookbook! I’ve seen a lot of interviews about Tiffani Thiessen’s Cream Cheese Pie from her new book; Pull Up a Chair and this recipe looked right up my alley. Easy assemble, simple ingredients and all the hype convinced me that I must try this recipe!
Everything from the graham cracker crust to the delicious sour cream topping, and the beautiful vanilla bean specks throughout, this pie lives up to the hype!
Two things I love about this pie:
1) It’s super creamy. The filling is so smooth and creamy it practically melts in your mouth but it’s still thick and firm enough that it holds it form, does that make sense? It’s just a very well thought out super simple, but super glorious, delicious creamy pie filling.
2) It’s chilled. Why is this so great? Because the cooler temp of this dessert just emphasizes the creaminess of the pie that much more. If you make this pie let it chill for a long time before slicing into it, it’s worth it.
For the Crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs room temperature
For the Sour Cream Topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter into a mixing bowl. Mix everything together until the melted butter has coated all the crumbs. Pour the crumb mixture into a 9 inch pie dish and firmly press the crumbs into the dish to form a crust. Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Make the cream cheese filling: In a separate, large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla bean paste and eggs. Use a handheld mixer to beat on medium speed for a 3-5 minutes, until the mixture is thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour the cream cheese filling into the pie crust and bake the pie for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Make the sour cream topping: Combine sour cream, sugar & vanilla bean paste into a bowl and mix together until smooth. Spoon the sour cream topping on top of a cooled pie and return to the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Once pie is done baking all it to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours or up to overnight. Cut into slice & serve!